Lindfield Cricket Club

News

Executive Committee Minutes - April

Mike Newcombe, 13 April 2018 19:57

 

LINDFIELD CRICKET CLUB

Notes of the 3rd meeting of 2018 Executive Committee held in The Red Lion on 10th April 2018

Download A Copy

Present: Les Andrews, Bob Hopkins, Malcolm Page, Mike Newcombe,

 

1

Apologies for absence

Adele Pedley, Jason Morgan, Adrian Whear, Gareth Cater, Gerry Waite

 

2

Minutes of the last meeting

Agreed

 

 

3

Actions from previous meeting

 

· Honours Board needs updating. ONGOING

· Bob to prepare annual task list and nominate/ask members to carry them out. ONGOING

· Mike N and Mike Hewett would work on the CASC returns. Now in hand. DISCHARGED

· NEW LEASE – This had now been completed. It was noted that the new trustees of the Club are Malcolm Page, Adrian Whear and Gareth Cater. Lease needs to be registered. ONGOING

· Hickman’s Lane development- see notes below. DISCHARGED

· Bob would talk to Phil/Rob about a BBQ. ONGOING

· Bob to agree a date for this year’s dinner with Michelle ONGOING

· Planning permission for a larger pavilion extension. ONGOING

· Sound blankets to be completed before the beginning of the season. ONGOING

· Advertising for players. DISCHARGED

· Sponsors to be invited to President’s Day. DISCHARGED

· Bob reported that the Clubmark “Annual Health Check” was underway - completed. DISCHARGED

· Malcolm would instigate an umpire’s rota for 2nd XI games. ONGOING

· Mike and Bob would ensure that the Club conformed to the General Data Protection Requirements (GDPR) when more detail was known. They would also review a change in club membership software. ONGOING

· It was noted that the 100 Club needs to revived again as Peter Vinall is no longer wanting to be involved. Steve Pearce has agreed to take the 100 Club over from Peter.

· It was noted that a new “web master” was needed as Mike feels he cannot carry on with that role. ONGOING

· Everyone should consider and respond to Les on the LJFC “ownership” proposals. DISCHARGED

· Bob to write to Lindfield Montessori with a “holding” response to their offer of £1000 towards the pavilion redevelopment. DISCHARGED

·

·

 

MP

 

BH

 

 

MN/LA/AW

 

 

BH

BH

MP

 

MP

 

 

 

 

MP

 

 

MN/BH

 

 

 

 

LA/BH

 

 

 

 

 

4

 

Pavilion and Ground Report

 

 

 

 

· HICKMANS LANE – MSDC have offered to lay an artificial wicket or improve the grass wicket at Hickman’s Lane although this would not happen in time for this season. Malcolm is getting a quote from our ground contractors to improve the grass wicket. He would then write up the costs and options and talk to the relevant captains. He would also check with MSDC what they would be happy for us to do for this season.

· PAVILION EXTENSION – It is likely that the larger extension suggested by LJFC would cost in the order of £300,000 (subject to planning permission).

MSDC have indicated that they might be prepared to fund up to 50% of the extension up to a maximum of £50,000. The case for giving this sort of funding would be heavily predicated in increasing participation (for all users of the pavilion)

· EXISTING PAVILION – The handover weekend would be 14/15 April. We would ask for volunteers on both days for clean-up work. (CLEAN –UP WORK NOW POSTPONED TO WEEKEND 21/22 APRIL)

· GROUND – Nothing to report

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MP

 

5

 

Finance Report

 

· Les reported that Lloyd has put all the necessary club insurance policies in place

 

 

 

 

 

6

 

Cricket report

 

 

· An approach to dealing with players with outstanding subscriptions was discussed.

· Adam Wright has yet to confirm that he will Captain the T20 side.

· We have not yet entered the Last Man Stands competition as we await confirmation as to the venue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7

 

Academy report

 

· Jason had reported that a second First Aid course would be run in the near future

 

 

 

 

 

8

 

Social Report

 

· Les confirmed that the “Big Day Out” would be July 13tn

 

 

 

 

 

9

 

Club Welfare Officers Report

 

 

· Nothing to report

 

 

10

 

AOB

 

 

· No further points were raised

 

 

 

 

11

 

Date of Next Meeting(s)

 

 

 

Wednesday 9th May, 7:30 in The Red Lion