Lindfield Cricket Club

News

Executive Committee Minutes - March

Mike Newcombe, 2 April 2018 17:13

 

LINDFIELD CRICKET CLUB

 Download A Copy

Notes of the 2nd meeting of 2018 Executive Committee held in The Red Lion on 15th March 2018

Present: Les Andrews, Bob Hopkins, Adrian Whear, Malcolm Page, Mike Newcombe, Gareth Cater, Gerry Waite

 

1

Apologies for absence

Adele Pedley, Jason Morgan

 

2

Minutes of the last meeting

Agreed

 

 

3

Actions from previous meeting

 

· Honours Board needs updating. ONGOING

· Bob to prepare annual task list and nominate/ask members to carry them out. ONGOING

· Generally income was on target but fundraising was down about £2000, Adrian would check as to why. DISCHARGED

· Mike N and Mike Hewett would work on the CASC returns. Les to clarify with Adrian how many years were involved. ONGOING

· NEW LEASE – This had now been completed. It was noted that the new trustees of the Club are Malcolm Page, Adrian Whear and Gareth Cater. Lease needs to be registered. ONGOING

· Hickman’s Lane development. ONGOING

· LFC payment for redevelopment work DISCHARGED

· Players to be advised of new disciplinary measures being introduced DISCHARGED

· Friday evening “All Stars” coaching DISCHARGED

· Bob would talk to Phil/Rob about a BBQ. ONGOING

· Bob to agree a date for this year’s dinner with Michelle ONGOING

· President’s Day format. Gerry had decided no to change anything. DISCHARGED

 

 

MP

 

BH

 

 

MN/LA/AW

 

 

LA/MP

LA

 

 

 

 

BH

BH

 

 

4

 

Pavilion and Ground Report

 

 

 

 

· DEVELOPMENT – After a discussion about the proposals from LJFC it was agreed that Malcolm should get a sketch plan of the extended pavilion drawn up and seek advice from MSDC as to the likelihood of getting planning permission.

· EXISTING PAVILION – The handover weekend would be 14/15 April. We would ask for volunteers on both days for clean-up work. Malcolm to liaise with Tony O’Brien on a list of jobs. Bob to speak to Phil re providing bacon rolls

· GROUND – Nothing to report

· NETS – The “sound blanket” work would be completed before the beginning of the season. It was noted that a pre-season working party should be devoted to net cleaning

 

 

 

 

 

MP

 

 

 

 

 

 

MP

BH

 

5

 

Finance Report

 

· Accounts now signed off and will be made available on the website

· The suggestion that more teas should be brought from Clough’s was discussed but not supported.

 

 

 

 

 

6

 

Cricket report

 

 

· Mike reported that there were 65 confirmed senior members

· The transfer of James Pearce to Ifield was agreed

· Phil Hogan had agreed to Captain the 4th XI

· Gazza would orchestrate advertising for players in the press and around the village

 

 

 

 

 

GC

 

 

7

 

Academy report

 

· Nothing to report

 

 

 

 

 

8

 

Social Report

 

· It was agreed that our sponsors should be invited to Presidents Day (5th August)

 

 

GC

 

 

9

 

Club Welfare Officers Report

 

 

· Nothing to report

 

 

10

 

AOB

 

 

· Bob reported that the Clubmark “Annual Health Check” was underway

· Malcolm would instigate an umpire’s rota for 2nd XI games

· Mike and Bob would ensure that the Club conformed to the General Data Protection Requirements (GDPR) when more detail was known. They would also review a change in club membership software

· It was noted that the 100 Club needs to revived again as Peter Vinall is no longer wanting to be involved

· It was noted that a new “web master” was needed as Mike feels he cannot carry on with that role

· Everyone should consider and respond to Les on the LJFC “ownership” proposals

· Bob to write to Lindfield Montessori with a “holding” response to their offer of £1000 towards the pavilion redevelopment.

· Gerry to check whether we would need a separate alcohol licence for Village Day. (NB We don’t) DISCHARGED

·

 

BH

MP

 

 

MN/BH

 

 

 

 

 

ALL

 

BH

 

 

 

11

 

Date of Next Meeting(s)

 

 

 

Tuesday 10 April, 7:30 in The Red Lion